Enterprise IoT Analytics and Adaptive Intelligent Automation
The Metriot™ system, a.k.a. KPIGuard™ IoT Edition, is designed for the enterprise and can be used by corporations and governments alike. By combining specialized software and hardware, Metriot™ provides easy, secure and scalable means to:
- Capture, aggregate and record all sensor measurements in an enterprise store, on-premise or in a private cloud;
- Standardize and integrate these measurements with heterogeneous data from other possible enterprise sources;
- Visualize, drill down and analyze the resulting information. Discover trends and patterns across all time horizons; and
- Set business alerts and optionally define automated actions to prevent or correct inadequate situations.
Supported application domains include:
- Manufacturing, which typically deploys a rich variety and a relatively large number of networked sensors. Industry 4.0 smart factory applications include manufacturing equipment management, predictive maintenance, health and safety management, measurements and statistical evaluations, automated controls and plant optimization.
- Transportation, where applications can include logistic and fleet management, predictive maintenance, infrastructure monitoring and control, and transport safety and risk. For example, Metriot™ provides a special hardware device that can be easily installed on wheeled, tracked and railed vehicles—including cars, buses, trucks, tractors, etc.—and that enables on-demand geographical position, vehicle performance and diagnostic monitoring and analysis.
- Utility and Energy Management, where data on consumption can be automatically collected with the purpose of optimizing efficiency, economics, reliability and sustainability.
- Environmental Monitoring of factors such as weather and atmospheric conditions, air and water quality, soil conditions and chemical concentration levels.
The system manages and controls multiple interconnected measurement agents that can capture data in real-time from devices with sensory capabilities. These agents can be distributed based on such criteria as geographical locations, network topology, privacy and security, scalability, reliability and manageability.
Optionally, the system can generate personalized alerts and/or integrate both sensing and actuation systems for end-to-end intelligent automation. Based on user-defined measurement data thresholds and analytical rules, the system can automatically invoke user-defined code to communicate with deployed actuation or information systems with a mean total data-to-decision latency of seconds.
Software System's Architecture: Enterprise IoT Analytics + Adaptive Automation
Sensor and actuator nodes in this context abstract and encapsulate all point-to-point I/O device communication schemes, from current loop to IO-Link. Whether deployed individually, or physically connected to fieldbus systems such as EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and DeviceNet, these distributed and heterogeneous nodes become virtually interconnected through the Metriot™ system which provides an overarching virtual end-to-end integration.
Depending on underlying fieldbus technologies that you might already have, sensor and actuator nodes are accessed either through Metriot™ agents—directly or through third-party gateways—or else through specialized Metriot™ devices that are deployed in the field and that provide connectivity with the rest of the system.
Should you have field I/O systems that must remain totally closed for any particular reason, the system can equally integrate their collected data from any type of repository, on-site and/or in the cloud.
Metriot™ sensor and actuator nodes run BrightQuadrant firmware and support manageable periodicity, filtering, aggregation and wireless communication. They can be fixed or mobile, inside or outside the premises of your organization. As such, Metriot™ can communicate with all sensor and actuator nodes using broadband WiFi, cellular mobile and satellite networks.
Metriot™ can optionally distribute fast and big data volumes over its sensor nodes for increased scalability, in a "map-reduce" style architecture.
We can help you achieve these benefits easily and efficiently. Contact us today to book a live demo and start creating new opportunities. You'll be glad you did!